This post updates an article from September 2017.
Your organization should be using a CRM, or Customer Relationship Manager, to simplify some of the administrative demands. With a large number of people in your network, you can’t get by without a way to keep track of all of them. Especially as a nonprofit, keeping an accurate and updated record of your donors, volunteers, fundraisers, event attendees, etc. is crucial.
Here’s where nonprofit CRMs can help! The following solutions offer all typical CRM tools, but with additional features specific to nonprofit management and member engagement. With many new programs surfacing, there are several options to choose from. We’re here to tell you about a few of them.But first, what exactly is a CRM?
A CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) tool is a database in which an organization such as a nonprofit, a university, or a company can consolidate and store all information about its contact network. In its simplest form, you can think of it as a digitized address book, housing information including interactions, sales, contact information, and more for every individual. Whether customers, donors, or volunteers, CRMs are the most effective way of keeping track of everyone with whom your organization interacts.
If you’re not already using a nonprofit CRM (or you’re looking for a new one), we’ve put together a list of some of the best ones available right now.
Here are 8 nonprofit CRM options we're loving:
Salesforce.org Nonprofit Cloud is an integrated platform for nonprofits that allows you to manage your entire mission. Salesforce is the world's #1 CRM, and their community counts over 45,000 nonprofits. Nonprofit Cloud powers your mission by tracking and measuring impact in real time, helping you raise more using insights from artificial intelligence on donors, and by taking every constituent on their own personal journey. Over 88% of Salesforce.org organizations have said that Salesforce helped them improve their ability to achieve their mission.
Salesforce.org Nonprofit Cloud encompasses Nonprofit Success Pack (CRM for nonprofits), Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, Einstein Analytics, Chatter, and more.
- Fundraising CRM
- Marketing automation
- Email & social marketing
- Social listening
- Campaign builder
- Customizable landing pages
- Grants management
- Program and service delivery
- Online communities
- Reporting & dashboards
The first 10 Nonprofit Success Packs (NPSP) are free for 501(c)(3) nonprofits through the Power of Us program. After that, additional licenses are deeply discounted.
Over 10,000 nonprofits professionals work with Salsa. Salsa is a supporter engagement platform that encompasses nonprofit CRM, online fundraising, digital marketing and multi-channel advocacy, including click to call, direct mail, and local/state/federal targeted messaging. Salsa is uniquely designed for nonprofits, and for those organizations already using a CRM such as Salesforce, Salsa offers an integration option, Salsa Engage.
By allowing organizations to combine all their offline and online supporter information in one place, Salsa enables you to easily segment, target, and report on your data visually. Salsa also automates regular tasks such as gift acknowledgments and targeted list building, includes a library of emails and forms for jumpstarting campaigns, and offers multiple channels for training and support.
- Donor management
- Online donations
- Targeted actions
- Donor development
- Online petitions
- Donation processing
- List segmentation
- Mobile responsiveness
- Gift acknowledgment
- Email & social marketing
- Direct mail/mail merge
- Reporting & queries
- Event management
- Task reminders
- Grant management
- Membership management software
- Volunteer management
- Security & permissions
- A/B testing
- Dashboard analytics
- Peer to peer fundraising
Salsa was founded to support the 98% of nonprofits who previously couldn’t afford sophisticated, personalized communication tools. Many packages and price options are available, and are based on list size. Request pricing information from Salsa here.
NeonCRM is a cloud-based nonprofit software suite built to support the good work of nonprofit organizations. Regardless of size or industry, NeonCRM helps over 5,000 nonprofit clients and 35,000 organizations engage with donors, manage memberships, track volunteers, and more. Their database and website solutions support nonprofits in all stages of development, and their flexible packages and pricing were developed with nonprofits in mind.
The NeonOne platform extends Neon’s nonprofit solutions beyond a CRM. The platform includes options for peer-to-peer fundraising, event organization, case and program management, and payment processing. In addition to offering a Quickbooks integration, their software also supports your online store.
- Fundraising & donor management
- Membership & association management
- Marketing & communications
- Web integration
- Social fundraising
- Reports & querying
- Volunteer management
- API & customization
- Mobile apps
- $49/month for Essentials Light package
- $99/month for Essentials package
- $149/month for Impact package
- $299/month for Empower package
- Full pricing info here
Bloomerang’s simple donor database solution is built around best practices to help nonprofits decrease donor attrition and increase revenue. Bloomerang pools the knowledge of leaders in the nonprofit world, including Adrian Sargeant for fundraising, Tom Ahern for communications, Kivi Leroux Miller for digital marketing, and Jay Love for nonprofit technology. The platform focuses on the core functionality your organization needs to achieve results, without the distraction of additional bells and whistles. With Bloomerang, you’ll know how your donors feel about you, find more major gift prospects, and be able to report on the metrics that matter.
- Constituent Timeline (visual representation of all interaction with each individual and highlights of the most important interactions)
- Interactive Dashboard (review donor retention rate and opportunities for improvement, incoming donations by time period, check campaign success, create to-do lists, and access recent reports)
- Giving Summary & Engagement Level
- Smart reports
- Email Design & Distribution (email templates and rich performance analytics)
- Letters & Mailings (letters, gift acknowledgements, and more available for design and print)
- Nightly Deceased Suppression
- Nightly updates from the National Change of Address (NCOA) database
- Website integration (track individual's website browsing activity, create and customize online giving forms and email sign-ups)
- Social Listening & Social Media Monitoring
- Donor Engagement Surveys
- $99/month for 0 - 1,000 records
- $199/month for 1,001 - 5,000 records
- $299/month for 5,001 - 15,000 records
- $399/month for 15,001 - 25,000 records
- $499/month for 25,001 - 40,000 records
- Full pricing details here
iMIS (Integrated Management Information System) is ASI’s dedicated nonprofit database management and web publishing platform. The cloud-based member engagement management system supports operational efficiencies, revenue growth, and continuous performance improvement. Since 1991 iMIS has helped thousands of organizations of all types and sizes including membership, regulatory, public media, faith-based, charity, associations and unions. iMIS uniquely combines traditional fundraising and marketing software with an online store, a credentialing and education platform, and advanced events management.
- Contact Management
- Membership Management (manage memberships, fees, and participation; send automated and personalized email reminders about payments)
- Fundraising (process gifts and pledges of all type; automated personalized fundraising and acknowledgement emails; track campaign performance)
- Crowdfunding (create and manage collaborative fundraising pages; personalize email campaigns to empower donors; delegate tasks; social posting option)
- Events (manage all logistical aspects and communication of events; dynamic pricing options; automated reminder and thank-you emails; create event microsites and Twitter feeds)
- Commerce (manage product sales, inventory, etc.; accepts credit, debit, PayPal, and more with high-level security)
- Advertising (process orders for all types of advertising; automate placement; summarize and analyze ad activity and performance via various metrics)
- Email (personalized email campaigns; scheduling and automation; analysis of results)
- Website (manage all aspects of web presence from web design templates to language management and advanced components)
- Social (integrate social media by logging in with LinkedIn or Facebook credentials to increase social sharing and visibility)
- Mobile (full access to features on mobile devices)
- Automation (automate tasks, communications, emails, announcements, and reminders)
- $150/user/month for Standard Package
- Advanced and Extendable Package quotes available here
Raiser’s Edge NXT is the nonprofit-specific platform from Blackbaud. It combines complete fundraising and supporter management solutions, enabling nonprofits to operate more efficiently and raise more support for their missions. Raiser’s Edge gives nonprofits the confidence to know that they’re taking the right actions with analytics that automatically surface smart recommendations, such as top prospects, suggested ask amounts, donors at risk of lapsing, and more—all directly within their fundraising software.
Another benefit of Raiser’s Edge are its data enrichment services, which help find missing addresses, emails, and phone numbers. The platform also automatically processes all online donations, pledges, and payments, so that your staff doesn’t lose time doing manual data entry.
- Database Mobile App
- Blackbaud Credit Card Updater (automatically updates credit info)
- Data Health Scorecard (uses data insights to benchmark and learn how to improve results)
- Batch Gift Entry
- Campaign Management
- Database Segmentation
- Fundraising Appeal and Acknowledgements Templates
- Major and Planned Gift Cultivation and Tracking
- Pledge and Recurring Gifts Management
- Revenue Forecasting
- Split Gift Designation
For pricing, get in touch with a Blackbaud representative here.
Kindful was founded on the simple idea that nonprofits should be able to spend less time focused on their database and more time focused on their mission. When your data makes sense, your mission thrives.
Kindful helps visualize data with intuitive reporting and seamless integrations that make your data mean something. Kindful helps build deeper relationships with donors and keeps your staff from wasting time on administrative tasks. By offering a modern fundraising platform, Kindful guides your organization to new and innovative ways to accomplish its goals.
- Complete, real-time donor records (full giving history, social media accounts, classifications, etc.)
- Automated & personalized outreach
- Automatic data entry for new activity
- Fundraising tools
- Donor analytics
- $100/month for 0 - 1,000 contacts
- $200/month for 1,000 - 5,000 contacts
- $300/month for 5,000 - 15,000 contacts
- Continuing up to $800/month for > 85,000 contacts
- Full pricing info here
Virtuous is a responsive nonprofit CRM and marketing platform that helps organizations build better relationships with donors. Virtuous coined the term “responsive” to explain how their platform puts the donor at the center of fundraising and grows giving through personalized donor journeys that respond to the needs of each individual. Virtuous offers integrated marketing automation and donor portals that provide donors with the kind of personalized, high-touch follow-up that creates loyalty and inspires bigger gifts. With Virtuous, your nonprofit can treat all its donors like major donors.Top features:
- Donor Management Designed for Relationships
- All-In-One Nonprofit Marketing Automation Software
- Integrated Email Marketing
- Integrates With Other Tools
- Online Giving
- Data Rich Contact Views
- Track Giver Engagement Over Time
- Donor Scoring & Social/Relational Data
- Easy-To-Use Searching & Segmentation
- Personas & Tagging
- Flexible Donation Management
- Project Impact & Tracking
- Back Office Tools Built for Charities
- Prebuilt Workflow Templates
- Robust Gift Tracking
- Nonprofit Mobile Apps
- Standard Plan from $199/month
- Pro Plan from $449/month
- Enterprise Plan from $849/month
- More pricing info here
If you need help choosing a nonprofit CRM option that will combine with your website, you can always contact us at Elevation. We'll be happy to talk you through it.