This post was updated from a previous post from November 2016 by Stefanie Pous.
Your organization should be using a CRM, or customer relationship manager, to simplify some of the administrative demands. With a large number of people in your network, you can’t get by without a way to keep track of all of them. Especially as a nonprofit, keeping an accurate and updated record of your donors, volunteers, fundraisers, event attendees, etc. is crucial.
Here’s where nonprofit CRMs can help! The following solutions offer all typical CRM tools, but with additional features specific to nonprofit management and member engagement. With many new programs surfacing, there are several options to choose from. We’re here to tell you about a few of them.
But first, what exactly is a CRM?
A CRM (customer relationship manager) is a database in which organizations and companies alike can consolidate and store all information about their network members. In its simplest form, you can think of it as a digitized address book, housing a host of information including contacts, interactions, sales, etc. with every individual. For customers, donors, volunteers, etc., CRMs are most effective way of keeping track of everyone your organization interacts with.
If you’re not already using a nonprofit CRM (or you’re looking for a new one), we’ve put together a list of some of the best ones available right now.
Here are 6 nonprofit CRM options we're loving:
- Donor management
- Online donations
- Targeted actions
- Donor development
- Online petitions
- Donation processing
- List segmentation
- Mobile responsiveness
- Gift acknowledgement
- Email & social marketing
- Direct mail/mail merge
- Reporting & queries
- Event management
- Task reminders
- Grant management
- Membership management software
- Volunteer management
- Security & permissions
- A/B testing
- Dashboard analytics
- Peer to peer fundraising
- Many packages and price options available based on list size. See more info here.
Raiser’s Edge (from Blackbaud)
- Database Mobile App
- Blackbaud Credit Card Updater (automatically updates credit info)
- Data Health Scorecard (use data insights to benchmark and learn how to improve results)
- Batch Gift Entry
- Campaign Management
- Database Segmentation
- Fundraising Appeal and Acknowledgements Templates
- Major and Planned Gift Cultivation and Tracking
- Pledge and Recurring Gifts Management
- Revenue Forecasting
- Split Gift Designation
- View more features here
For pricing, get in touch with a Blackbaud representative here.
- Interactive Dashboard: review donor retention rate and opportunities for improvement, incoming donations by time period, check campaign success, create to-do lists, and access recent reports
- Giving Summary & Engagement Level
- Constituent Timeline: visual representation of all interaction with each individual
- Smart reports
- Email Design & Distribution: email templates and rich performance analytics
- Letters & Mailings: letters, gift acknowledgements, and more available for design and print
- Website integration: track individual's website browsing activity, create and customize online giving forms and email sign-ups
- Social Media Hub: connect social media accounts for monitoring
- And more here!
- $99/month for 0 - 1,000 records
- $199/month for 1,001 - 5,000 records
- $299/month for 5,001 - 15,000 records
- $399/month for 15,001 - 25,000 records
- $499/month for 25,001 - 40,000 records
- And more pricing info here
- Contact Management
- Membership Management: manage memberships, fees, and participation; send automated and personalized email reminders about payments
- Fundraising: process gifts and pledges of all type; automated personalized fundraising and acknowledgement emails; track campaign performance
- Crowdfunding: create and manage collaborate fundraising pages; personalized email campaigns to empower donors; task delegation; social posting option
- Events: manage all logistical aspects and communication of events; dynamic pricing options; automated reminder and thank-you emails; create event microsites, Twitter feeds, etc.
- Commerce: manage product sales, inventory, etc. online; accepts credit. debit, PayPal, and more with high-level security
- Advertising: process orders for all types of advertising; automate placement; summarize and analyze ad activity and performance via various metrics
- Email: personalized email campaigns; scheduling and automation; analysis of results
- Communities: create communities with discussion forums, blogs, document sharing, online directories, etc.
- Website: manage all aspects of web presence from web design templates to language management and advanced components
- Social: integrate social media by logging in with LinkedIn or Facebook credentials to increase social sharing and visibility
- Mobile: full access to features on mobile devices
- Automation: automate tasks, communications, emails, announcements, and reminders
- $150/user/month for Standard Package
- Advanced and Extendable Package quotes available here
- Fundraising & donor management
- Membership & association management
- Marketing & communications
- Web integration
- Social fundraising
- Reports & querying
- Volunteer management
- API & customization
- Mobile apps
- And a full list of more features here
- $50/month for Essentials package
- $110/month for Impact package
- $200/month for Empower package
- Full pricing info here
- Complete, real-time donor records: full giving history, social media accounts, classifications, etc.
- Automated & personalized outreach
- Automatic data entry for new activity
- Fundraising tools
- Donor analytics
- And more here
- $100/month for Starter package with 0 - 1,000 contacts
- $200/month for Launch package with 1,000 - 5,000 contacts
- $300/month for Growing package with 5,000 - 15,000 contacts
- $400/month for Pro package with 15,000 - 25,000 contacts (all billed annually)
- More pricing info here
If you need help choosing among these nonprofit CRM options, you can always contact us at Elevation. We'll be happy to talk you through it.